This really is an SOS!
Did you know that
- 85% of sonographers have RSI symptoms
- 1 in 5 injuries are career ending
- 40% of staff have been off sick in the last year with RSI
- 91% of sonographers have symptoms in the scan arm, 23% in the non scan arm
- High rates of carpal tunnel syndrome above the national average for under 40 years
- This is a global problem and a growing problem as the u/s modality has increasing demand
Are you shocked by these statistics?
Are you one of the 86% of sonographers who have RSI symptoms?
I was also one of the 1 in 5 who had a career ending injury. My own sonography career came to an end in 2007, which I was devastated about at the time. Resigning was really the last resort for me after I thought I had explored all the possible therapeutic treatments…
View original post 291 more words